OUR LITTLE NOODLES: The Stever Family Adoption

Welcome to our adoption journey. We are so blessed with our five daughters. Now we embark on the worldwide journey of a lifetime - adopting a special needs child. Please join us for this adventure!



Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Shopping & Wishing

This is a favorite time of year for our family. We love decorating, shopping for the girls, cold weather, and songs and movies! We are having better and better Christmases because we have taught our sweet little girls about the true meaning of giving rather than receiving. We are buying less "things" and focusing more on a couple of items they really, really want. Less is so much more! This year what is really getting to us is the fact that the beautiful angels abroad will spend another Christmas alone, hopeless, and sick. We ache for them.

As always during this time of year, appliances and cars break and funds must cover these. This year it hurts because we are trying so desperately to save for our adoption. We have faith, though. We have some items that we will begin offering as gifts for donations in 2010. Our fundraising can begin in full force once our home study is complete so watch out! If your heart leads you - please make a donation at the bottom of this blog site or sign up and shop through iGive or Onecause so that a percentage goes towards our adoption! Your prayers are the most important for us!

One last thought: As I read my devotional prayers this morning, I immediately knew that God was speaking to me about my dear husband. It said: "Unfortunately, many of us have adopted the mentality of saying 'I love you' without any meaning. Many have learned this behavior from dysfunctional family members and abusive relationships. The phrase, 'I love you' has taken on many meanings. In other words, allow the words of my mouth to please you instead of me showing you. Love is more than words; it's showing someone how much they mean to you through your actions. Your actions should show someone how much he or she means to you." This is what my Matthew does each and every day. I have always complained to him that I wish he would say "I love you" to me more often. I get very needy and want these words to make me feel better. However, what he DOES for me and our family every day is so much more important. Thank you for showing me how much you love us Matthew.

No comments: