OUR LITTLE NOODLES: The Stever Family Adoption

Welcome to our adoption journey. We are so blessed with our five daughters. Now we embark on the worldwide journey of a lifetime - adopting a special needs child. Please join us for this adventure!



Friday, December 18, 2009

Another Emotional Day

Do not let anyone tell you that adopting a child is easier than carrying a child! I have had some anxiety problems while pregnant the last three times but nothing compares to these emotions! It really is a roller coaster ride, isn't it? My Christmas wish would be for people to understand the definition of true mental illness. I read this in my devotional for the day: "Confidence is realizing that God has given you a gift, talent, and ability to use for His edification. When you're confident in yourself and your ability to function in your calling, you won't settle for settling and you won't allow yourself to be played, disrespected, nor disregarded. When you believe in the words from the apostle Paul to the Philippians, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,' you'll be able to accomplish those goals you have set forth.

No comments: