OUR LITTLE NOODLES: The Stever Family Adoption

Welcome to our adoption journey. We are so blessed with our five daughters. Now we embark on the worldwide journey of a lifetime - adopting a special needs child. Please join us for this adventure!



Saturday, November 7, 2009

Light In The Dark

Matthew> It is becoming clearer with each step we are on the right path. The support structure we are getting is finding us faster than we can find it. I have been thinking about my childhood. My father worked at Easter Seals and my mother was a R.N. My father pasted away when I was ten, but even in those few years I believe a foundation was laid for the journey we are on now. I was lucky to have a father who I saw as larger than life, my hero. I can still remember some of the people I met with my dad. Lucky for me I saw these people with the eyes of a child. I did not see the disability. It was not like there was any difference between the people there or the ones anywhere else. I remember a man who was about my age now and was in a wheel chair. He could pop-a-wheelie and spin around and do all sorts of tricks. I saw the things he could do and not the things he could not. The further we go the more I remember. The feelings from then awakening now. The lights are coming on and I the past is living again. I fumbled around in the dark only to find the light inside myself.

No comments: