OUR LITTLE NOODLES: The Stever Family Adoption

Welcome to our adoption journey. We are so blessed with our five daughters. Now we embark on the worldwide journey of a lifetime - adopting a special needs child. Please join us for this adventure!



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day of Celebration


32 years ago, a bouncing baby boy was born that would change my life forever. No, I am not speaking about one of my children. Matthew Allen Stever entered the world crying and making a fuss! Oh, what a beautiful day! I would not find out until years later that this would be the light of my life - my closest friend, my partner in crime, my husband, & father of my children. Several things come to mind:

"Love is first friendship and then commitment." --Jacques Pierre Ribault

Even though this is quoted all of the time, it truly explains our relationship.

"No, I don't understand my husband's theory of relativity, but I know my husband, and I know he can be trusted."
Elsa Einstein

If there is anything I know with 100% certainty, it is that my husband is trustworthy. Trust is a must for my husband - he must trust you in a relationship. He will always tell you the truth.

"Opening her eyes again, and seeing her husband's face across the table, she leaned forward to give it a pat on the cheek, and sat down to supper, declaring it to be the best face in the world."- Charles Dickens

This is too sweet for some, but it is really how I feel about him. He does have the best face in the world to me!

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Again, may be corny to some, but this summarizes the effect my husband has on me. I AM a better woman, better wife, and better mother because of him. He holds me up, stands beside me and behind me, stands in front of me when he needs to, and carries me when I need him to do so. He lets me be myself ALWAYS.

Thank you God for blessing this world with Matthew Stever - my forever love. Our lives are richer and fuller because you are here with us. I love you.

No comments: